New Prostate Cancer Treatment Development

• 7 replies
  • 134 subscribers
  • Please go to " Newly Diagnosed with Prostate Cancer " and scroll to the end.
  • Wow hkcl this is amazing!!! Thank you so much for posting this link. I will tag Alwayshope@ to have her scientific eyes on it. For me its look like a real breakthrough. Thank you again for posting it

Lots of love

Dafna

• Hi Dafna.

This is Lutetium 177 so it ties in with your very useful post on the Royal Marsden trial. This needs to be extrapolated for those who are newly diagnosed but I can see the cost element coming into play.

• Thank you AH. So it is the same lady with a different name.

Thank you for clarify it for me.

Lots of love

Dafna

• Morning Dafna. how are Jacob and you doing, well I hope, be careful in the sun LOL I looked into it early last year through the UK clinical trials gateway but they were not accepting any more candidates, but they did take my details as future trials were very likely, and would let me know if I was/wasn't to be part of it, though she did say as I have more than 1 cancer cell type it may rule me out, anyway I'm enjoying a break in Scotland with family so have better things to think about. the only thing bothering me is I haven't been able to cuddle my newest granddaughter for 5 days, though I will make up for that when I see her.

Eddie xx

• Hi Eddie,

A holiday family in Scotland sound wonderful! I hope the sun is shinning on you there. Here is a bit of sun but it is November winds. Crazy weather. When you return home give little baby Mandy a kiss from us.

Jacob is well. He just prepared a big lunch as the two grandchildren from Sussex coming for the day. He loves them to bits and allow them to destroy the house. When they will leave today I will have to clean for two hours...

About the letetium clinical trial: Our oncologist is well versed. He is in his mid 60' and does medical oncology PC for years. He said that currently the RM are recruiting and keep asking him to refer the right candidates. He also said that the RM main motivation is their studies rather than anything else so by being part of the trial you as the patient need to help their study. The benefit for the patient is our bonus.

Don't think about any of that now. Just enjoy your holiday!

Lots of love

Dafna

• Hi Dafna, my reason for looking into the lutetium trials was for it to maybe be an option for the later stages, I know they are looking into it being a front line treatment  but that was never a thought to me, as I'm ok with my treatment plan and how well it's doing, and thank you for your insights on the RM as to their motivation, which is I think how most trials are focussed. Enjoy your afternoon with the grandkids I'm sure it will be fab and I will give the little one a kiss for you, though just so I don't miss her too much I've taken her 5 brothers and sisters with me.

love Eddie xx