Numb foot (peripheral neuropathy) and prostate cancer

• 2 replies
  • 131 subscribers

I discovered my prostate cancer when I went for tests for a numb foot, peripheral neuropathy. They did blood tests that showed my raised psa. Scans and biopsies have confirmed the cancer. I am having HT injections and radio therapy. My question is whether anyone else has experienced this condition as a symptom of prostate cancer?

• Hi Mount Peter, I developed neuropathy 6 months post RT and after being on HT for 15 months, whether it has any association with cancer treatment is very likely but not certain as I have neurological issues as well, fortunately it is confined to my feet only and apart from occasionally dragging my feet and going through shoes quicker is not a problem, take care.

Eddie

• Hi Mount Peter.

Good afternoon it's great to meet you today sorry though you have joined our prostate family but "hey ho"

Yes my Cancer was also picked up by mistake last June 2023. Following a Stroke I had many many problems leading up to having nerve issues with my bladder.

I was having a bladder scan due to surgery when my Urologist/Consultant picked up a large shape (Prostate) pressing on my bladder.

So had I not had the scan then things wouldn't have been picked up as I was a long term permanent catheter user.

The Stroke caused many neuropathic problems but it did have it's benefits in terms of my Cancer even though it is only "Treatable not Currable"

Prostate Worrier.