Re my brachytherapy

• 39 replies
  • 134 subscribers

Hi all , it’s finally happening this Friday , after three cancellations re chest infections, last weeks came back negative, so it’s just a case of getting me through them revolving doors at Leeds st James and get this C out of me , brachytherapy room part one then part two in early June , 

• That’s quite a story  !

so you’re now going to have brachytherapy seeds implanted in two weeks time, then external beam radiation about a month after that?  That’s the same as I had!
    AW

• My understanding is that your were going to have the high dose rate (HDR) brachytherapy, but now you’re going to have the low dose rate (LDR seeds) instead.  Can you remind me what your PSA. And Gleason score were? AW

• Hello Jonny mac ()

Well you are getting there and the team are looking after you - keep your pecker up and all should be well in a fortnight.

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• Hi AW and yes but not having anastetic, so was gutted as the brachy with no ext beam was ideal with Crohn’s , if it had been two weeks ago I’d no chest infection, timing wasn’t great , but because of it could probably have me on a ventilator after procedure they now not risking it , so instead the flip side I’ll now be praying no side effects to bowel 

Cheers , Jonny mac

• Good day , it was 3+4 and 20 score on psa

Cheers , Jonny mac

• Was 3+4 T3b then after Leeds surgeon looked at my scan etc he downgraded it and said it’s an A , so could have it done , score 20 

Cheers , Jonny mac

• Hi all , my surgeon has again cancelled any procedure going forward with me now getting  urinery infection on Friday at my investigation to see how many seeds are to be put in , the catheter was only on me for less than half hour ! Was gutted this Thursday when she rang me on way to Leeds st James to get tests on kidney as this infection meant over five days was getting unbearable with pain in nether regions, to say won’t be going ahead ! So no idea what I’m doing now , probably just having HT 

Cheers , Jonny mac

• How very frustrating  ,  you must be gutted.  Hope you feel better soon.

best wishes, David

• Hello  

Aw gosh I am so sorry - it's so close yet so far away!!

I would be in contact with your consultant for a plan going forward.

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• Sorry to read this Johnny Mac,it can be very frustrating,hopefully clears up soon,best wishes