Concern

• 8 replies
  • 125 subscribers

Hi , my diagnosis is 3+4=7 t3a m0 n0 I start rt in august 20 fractions  would anyone know is my t3a of concern I believe the tumour has just started to break through the capsule would anyone know what stage would the cancer reach other parts of my body ie bones and nodes thanks Paul 

• Good Morning  

My original diagnosis was Gleason 7 (4+3) T3aMxN0 with an initial PSA of 182. It's a long story and my latest diagnosis is Gleason 9 (5+4) T3aN0M0 however I am still on a "Curative Pathway".

You are correct in that a T3a shows that the cancer has broken through the outer layer of the Prostate but not spread to your seminal vesicles, lymph nodes or bones. My team decided to "zap" my lymph nodes at Radiotherapy "just in case" as there was a "spot" on my MRI scan. You can read my whole journey by clicking on my avatar.

T3b is a spread to the seminal vesicles - T4 is the cancer has gone "walkabout" in your body.

If you require any further details or information regarding the above please don't hesitate to contact me.

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• Hi Paulsteph, my husband was diagnosed as T3a N0M0 Gleason 4+3=7. After the biopsy he was sent for a bone scan to detect any secondaries. It was a relief to be told that none had been detected. He is just coming to the end of 18 months of hormone therapy and had 20 factions of radiotherapy in Feb/March 2022. His PSA a couple of weeks ago was 0.06. This will be monitored over the coming years. We are told to expect a small increase once the effects of the hormone therapy wear off but anything other than a small increase will result in scans etc etc to look for recurrence.

HTH

• Thanks for your reply,glad your husband is doing well 

• Hi Brian, would you know the time scale would be for the cancer to spread to your seminal vesicles and as you say gone walkabout in your body would this be years down the line thanks Paul 

• Hi Paul

Sorry to hear but as you know still curable so good news there.

I presume that they have started u on HT  to stop any spreading before Radiotherapy starts which is 3 months away.

Best wishes 

Steve 

• Hi Paul,I’m 3+4=7 T2,Mo,No and lucky still contained in the sack,I’ve just started HT on Monday and good so far apart from fatigue and hot flushes,I hope your treatment’s going well and I think I’ll be getting RT around the same time xx

• Hello  .

Just to pick up on the timescale question. Unfortunately there is no answer to this as it can be influenced by many things such as what form of prostate cancer you have, your age, initial PSA at diagnosis...... Prostate cancer is usually slow growing but if the experts are concerned then they would probably recommend starting hormone therapy to hold things in abeyance until you start radiotherapy in August.

• Hello  

Sorry about the delay in replying but I have just travelled from England to Turkey for a holiday Sunglasses.

above has given a perfect answer. The thing about Prostate Cancer is you need to have faith in your team and trust them with your diagnostic path.

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.