7 Days post TWOC - Getting better

• 20 replies
  • 123 subscribers
Just a quick update for the surgery route guys:
Now 7 days after catheter removal, big positive difference and have much better control over waterworks. A bit disappointed that I’m still producing the odd spurt for no reason and still sometimes lose a bit when getting up/down from chair, coughing etc. Confident that the pelvic floor exercises will help. 
Little fella still reluctant to return to size except when showering - can start using pump in a week which may help.
Currently have urine infection (unsurprisingly) and have antibiotics to fix.
Went through last night for the first time since the op without night sweats which was wonderful. 
Overall I’m very pleased with progress despite the odd setback.
I can confidently be out for a couple of hours, am walking further and know when I need to pee without any urgency. 
Lastly, sending best wishes to my forum friend Sight for sore eyes who has his op tomorrow. 
  • Hi Amnesiac, So pleased to read your update. That is wonderful progress. Out and about is great. You have given me a great lift as I sit here with No 1 son counting down the hours. By this time tomorrow the little monster will be removed. Amnesiac, your good wishes to me at the end of your update means so much to me. Thoughtful and uplifting which sort of describes the benefits of this forum. Hope you can get out for that Guinness soon . I will update on post op progress when I can. Well done Sir. 

• Hey  and  - you are both just what we need here.

Us guys on HT/RT understand just what you are going through. We share your worries although we have a different set of issues  Keeping us updated is great for Community members who may well be on the same/similar journey.so thanks for the posts.

- best wishes for tomorrow - I can understand the wish to remove the "walnut" and we are all with you here - keep us posted and I hope all goes well.

I don't mind a pint of Guinness myself although with my weigh issues on HT I will settle for a half!!

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• Thanks Brian. You're doing a great job. I have benefited  greatly from support and personal stories told here. There is strength in numbers. The pints are there for yourself and Amnesiac . I had better set aside a fund as I make more Mc Millan friends. 

• It's no problem - that's what we do!!

Best wishes for later - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• Thank you for sharing your experiences after the opp , it’s really good encouragement for me as I am just waiting for confirmed date till mine and it’s good to know what to expect after . All this waiting makes the mind wander and fear .

Wishing all the best for Sight for sore eyes for your opp and a speedy recovery 

• Hi Timmy2

Changed in to the Battle Fatigues. Ready to go. I will update when fit to do so. Passing on our experiences will hopefully help you and others when your op comes around. Talk to you all later. Sight(Frank) 

• Hi Timmy. Nothing to fear. The waiting for dates, results, appointments was the worst thing for me so I know how you feel. Once you have your date, I think you will feel much better and know that you are on the path to making yourself better. Don’t overthink it, don’t google anything and let things take their course. I hope you will keep us posted. 

• Hi Amnesiac Timmy2 and all others. 24hours post op. Feeling good if a little flat mood wise. Some abdominal discomfort post op and  a lot of gas. No pain as I write. Surgeon said he was happy with his work. That will do me for now. The waiting is the hardest part

I will update when home and settled. Any questions Timmy2 feel free. Frank

• Hey Sight. Welcome back. That was like radio silence when a spacecraft re enters Earths atmosphere. You will feel a bit weird as you’re still full of anaesthetic but this will improve very soon. Just take it easy and let your body recover. Yes, the catheter is strange but you get sort of used to it over time. You have no pain and surgeon is happy. That is a result my friend. Brilliant news. Well done. Keep us posted on your progress and let me know if I can help in any way. Welcome to the road to recovery. 

• Hi Amnesiac. It is a result and a very welcome one. A lot of wind and cramping last night which resulted in little or no sleep. No pain as such, and walking the ward today. Home tomorrow and start the real recovery. It is a major surgery but the expertise is wonderful. We are fortunate in that respect. I hope your continence journey is going well and will certainly keep sharing notes for mutual benefit and the wider community. I will need your insight as time goes on. Radio Silence over.