chemo

• 13 replies
  • 14 subscribers

Hey everyone.

So I have a rare cancer known as Clear Cell Carcinoma. Not alot is known about this cancer except for the fact that its similar to ovarian cancer. Had full hysterectomy in sept 2020, followed by a second surgery in oct 2020. However it returned this year so just had another surgery to remove mass cancer tissue. Now i am due chemo and they told me what type of drug they will be giving me. Paclitaxel, Carboplatin , and Avastin. I am concerned about the side effects so was wondering if anyone can inform me about what to expect. I was told i will lose all my hair which is worrying me and i am concerned about the rest of the side effects. Has anyone got a portal fitted? I am worried this will effect my life and cause me pain. I decided to go for portal as i am not a needle person. Any advice will be grateful. 

• Thankyou Robin,yes I believe most of it is caused by paclitaxel,I was due to see my oncologist tomorrow to discuss recent scan results but it has been put back a week due to me being in hospital.

I feel a little better today Thankyou,I'm just exhausted and I struggle believing in chemotherapy when it does such terrible things to your body .

• So pleased that your feeling a bit brighter today, hopfully you haven't got many more cycles left to do,  so that you can see light at the end of the tunnel. 

Take care Robin

• Hi Barnard, I hope you are feeling a bit better. 

When I first started the chemo I was given the option of having the paclitaxel or not.  It obviously does do something but the carboplatin seems to be the main drug.  I hope you get a chemo combination you can tolerate.