Hello

• 1 reply
  • 11 subscribers

I’ve only just discovered this group, I wish I’d found you all earlier.

I am 55 year old lady who was diagnosed with PPC in June 2023 after 3 mis-diagnosis of menopause, ulcer and inflamed gall bladder. 

They drained 9 litres of fluid from my abdomen and I’ve had 8 rounds of chemo and debunking surgery which also included a permanent stoma. 

Unfortunately the chemo didn’t work as well as they hoped and they were unable to remove all of the cancer in surgery, so I’m now on Bevacizumab maintenance for a year and have been told to bring any big plans for the next few years forward.

I’ve come to terms with my prognosis (although still fighting and not just accepting) and have chosen to live life as normal as possible for as long as I can. Im back at work part time and this morning swam 500m in a lake. Next weekend I’m having a big party for family and friends whilst I’m still well enough to dance the night away.

I find this a very lonely cancer to have as there are so many meet up support groups for other cancers and so far I’ve only managed to find 3 other lovely ladies in the UK with it but we are all very far away from each other.

I’m wondering if any of you can recommend any meeting up support groups?

S

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

It sounds like you've had a long and difficult journey so I can understand you wanting to find others who have been on a similar path to you.

I'm not a member of this group but I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list.

I don't know if you've used Macmillan's help in your area to search for groups but, if not, you might find it helpful.

While you're waiting for replies, it would be great if you could put something about your diagnosis and treatment to date into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"