BRCA2 Result

• 2 replies
  • 10 subscribers

surgeons secretary my last post I decided I would phone my surgeon’s secretary and ask her if she could do anything to chase up my results because I only had one week left if I was needing to have more treatment. It wasn’t the secretary but somebody else who answered but she  looked through my notes and said she could see nothing there so would have to speak to colleagues and phone me back. This was on Wednesday. By Monday last week I phoned again and this time spoke to the surgeon’s secretary and she said her colleague had emailed her but nothing had been found yet but she would chase things up again and phone me back. On Thursday morning last week the secretary phoned me to let me know the BRCA2 result was negative - I can’t tell you the relief I felt having waited since my surgery at the end of August last year. In the afternoon the MacM nurse who has supposedly been chasing up the result phoned to give me the result I had received in the morning. It only took me 2 phone calls to get the result, I wish I had chased things up myself earlier!.  It was much easier doing this than I thought it would be.

Hopefully others haven’t been going through the same waiting period I have but if you have take things into your own hands and intervene. Now on 3 monthly checkups either by phone or in person. My first check up is at m of March, by telephone.