Feeling miserable & very unlucky.

• 4 replies
  • 12 subscribers

Hey everyone.

I am new to this chat group and am so pleased i came across it while doing some research on the Macmillan Site. I refuse to search google as i feel they do not always have

the answers and some of their advice and sites are not always accurate. Anyway back to my story. I was diagnosed with clear cell carcinoma when i noticed a large lump growing underneath my abdomen. It turned out i had a 16cm cyst on the left ovary so i went for surgery and had a full hysterectomy during lockdown 2020. I had no chemo etc as they said i was a low stage grade 1A. After surgery they told me that my bowel had burst and was spread everywhere so they had to also do some reconstruction. Early 2022 i was getting similar symptoms so took myself to doctor. After scans, ultrasounds, mri and blood tests they noticed fluid and a lot of abnormal tissue all around the stomach, my liver and bowel. They were shocked to see cancer returned and a high rise in my CA125 level. Finally they told me it was Peritoneal Cancer. I was so gutted and could not believe it. Now i have to have more surgery to remove the diseased tissue and a bowel resection to. This time they want to give me chemo, but i am not sure if i want it as it has many side effects and i am worried about losing my hair and the scaring from my pubic hairline to the chest will be very unattractive, i been single way to long and now i fell i will be single even longer. i just became a grandmother and i am real worried that something might go wrong with my operation and i do not wake up. I have lots of support from family, friends and employer but the closer my surgery gets the more worried and anxious i become due to the complications i had during my hysterectomy i bled out and ended up with 2 blood transfusions. This surgery is bigger, longer and more complicated. Any advice guys? 

• Hi

I replied to another of your posts a few days ago suggesting that you also post in the bowel cancer group as I was sure you'd find people there who had had this type of surgery. 

I can see that you've posted there and had a couple of replies which I wondered if you'd seen? If not clicking here will take you straight there.

Do come back and let us know what you decide to do.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi there. My surgery went real well. They removed a mass tumor. They done no bowel surgery as the remaining cancer is on the small bowel. As its to risky to be operated on They will be giving me chemo. Just had my follow up pleased to say my bloods were fine & there's no new growths. Obvs I am pleased but nervous about chemo. I was only in hospital 3 days after surgery as they were pleased at how quick I recovered. I passed my physio as walked up 3 flights of stairs. I'm determine to fight this and beat it again. Changed my whole diet & exercise more. Feeling more positive. 

• Hi Ladyv76.  So sorry to hear you have had so many problems. I have had 6 rounds of chemo in total. After my 3rd round I had the operation to remove as much as they could find. Yes it is major surgery and the scar it long but if fades very quickly. I had my operation in early February and apart from some minor upper tummy pain and aching legs I feel almost back to normal. I was petrified before the operation but the alternative didn't bear thinking about. It seems you have had lots of problems but hopefully if you choose to have the operation everything will go smoothly. I wish you the best of luck whatever you decide. By the way I have just turned 70 years old and if you have a positive mind set it helps a lot (and a brilliant daughter who helped get me through it)

Sending positive vibes. x