Upcoming surgery

• 2 replies
  • 86 subscribers

Was diagnosed with clear cell carcinoma in 2020 had a full hysterectomy. They said their was little chance of any regrowth, however recently took myself to my doctors due to similar symptoms. Was informed i have peritoneal cancer so need surgery on Monday to remove tissue growth form my liver, remove the linen of the abdomen. Also need a bowel resection. I am worried about my surgery and having complications like i did the first time as i bled out while on the table. My oncologist says he cant stage it as its a return and wants to give me chemo to make sure any left cancer cells are killed off. No problem opening my bowels so that has to be a good sign right? I do not know what to expect after surgery or recovery process. A very nervous and worried newbie.  

• Hi 

Welcome  to the bowel forum . I think we can piece this together for you ! 
    My mum has had two liver resections , one whilst she was having a bowel resection . Do you know what area of the bowel the resection is to take place ? My mum had her right side ascending and did not need a stoma . First time round she had wedge liver resections . Two weeks later was discharged and self caring. Six weeks later she was on holiday sea kayaking with a little help . The second was a large resection of her liver and her recovery was much slower but again she was able to self care fully at two weeks but was much more fatigued as she patiently waited on her liver to regenerate . My mum was at the upper age limit . However twelve years later it continues to function well .

if you click on her user name you can read how her husband is recovering from similar surgery . He is doing remarkably well .

. And  might be able to help with the bowel resections and stoma aspect of that’s planned .

Sounds encouraging that your bowels are not obstructing .

I hope Monday goes smoothly for you . This type of surgery is done quite a lot in the land of bowel cancer and they are a select group of highly skilled surgeons. They require to do a set number each year I think .

Take care ,

Court 

Community Champion Badge

Helpline Number 0808 808 0000

• Hi Ladyv76

I can understand you feeling nervous it’s a very scary thought especially when you are not sure of the full treatment plan. However it does sound as if they have it sorted. 
    I had a lower anterior resection with a loop Ileostomy so if there’s any questions ask away. 
    I hope all goes well.
    Keep chatting here if it helps 

Ann
     ‍Art