Peritoneal cancer journey

• 15 replies
  • 10 subscribers

I had an upper abdominal ultrasound 2+ Months ago. This showed peritoneal and omentum cancer.

I then had a colonoscopy which was clear.

I was then given a request for cancer marker blood tests and a CT scan

The CT scan was inconclusive for finding a primary cancer.

My Ca 125 blood test was low at 83.

The report said it was probable gynaecological primary cancer.

I then had a gastroscope which was clear.

I had to wait again for a PET scan.

This confirmed again that I had peritoneal cancer that was “probably caused by a gynaecological primary cancer”.

Now I am waiting for a CT scan guided core biopsy of one of the peritoneal cancers.

I have also been referred to a Gynaecologist with advanced laparoscopic skills - who is over 300 kilometres away.

I am now wondering if I have primary peritoneal cancer.

My Mother died of Peritoneal Mesothelioma and have discovered that there may be a genetic link.

I am really worried and frustrated with waiting for each scan and test.

• Sorry. I meant to add I'm from Brighton.

D

• Hi.. I was thinking about you today & wondered how your consultation went? 
     Tina x

• Thanks Tina for thinking of me. Nothing confirmed. I'm waiting endoscopy and scan hopefully very soon.

Hope all is as well as it can be with you.

D

• Hi sorry you are going through the stress of waiting for a definite diagnosis. My journey started back in 2021 when I thought I had developed a hernia. A blood test confirmed a positive Peritoneal disease. I have gone through 10 sessions of chemo, avastin that my body couldn't cope with and 2 sessions of Niraparib but my body doesn't like that either so an taking things as they come. If you are diagnosed with Peritoneal I hope you are dealt with quickly and successfuly. I can't complain about any of my treatments in St James hospital Leeds and my treatments in Dewsbury. Every member of staff i have come into contact with have been amazing and everything has been dealt with quickly. Fingers crossed for you and I know it's no use saying try not to worry but a positive attitude really does get you through it easier. x