Horrific diagnosis today

• 2 replies
  • 6 subscribers

Hi,

I went to the docs after a few weeks of increased weeing and latterly a bit of bloating and discomfort. I didn’t delay too long at all. I was told on Monday I has a prolapse and after an examination, was told there was nothing to worry about, but do a CA125 just to make sure.

Four days later I’ve had the most horrific result , my CA125 was 49,000, yes you read that right, 49,000. I was rushed for a scan and today  a cold and horrible GP rang me to tell me I had multiple nodules in the peritoneum and I couldn’t even understand what she told me about my poor beleaguered womb.

She said there’s nothing they can do,but  I was already given a gynae appointment at the hospital , which she didn’t know about and seemed in denial of ,as though it was a waste of time.

My poor family today, just horrific. I felt so much worse today than yesterday ,couldn’t eat, loads of pain, but I don’t know how much of that is anxiety.I think it’s hopeless and I have days left. That’s what she implied. 
I hope someone out there can talk to me. I am devastated.

• HI Spongeit welcome to the forum. I am so very sorry to hera what is happening for you. First thing Monday morning pick up the phone and speak to someone at your GP surgery and explain to them what has happened for you, they should be able to get more information from the hospital for you.  It is disgraceful how this has been communicated to you with little or no explanation and left you  and your family in bits and at a weekend when there are fewer people around for you to be able to speak with. However, if you felt up to speaking with someone until Monday the Macmillan Line is open from 8am-8pm tomorrow if you felt able to speak to one of the lovely advisors there. 08088080000.  Please believe me when I say to you they are great and there is nothing that they have not heard before. It may help I hope in the interim just to know that others are there for you. xxx

gail

Community Champion Badge

• Hope you are doing okay. 

If any comfort my peritoneal cancer (secondary to bowl cancer) was caught before any symptoms but prognosis is still poor. 6 months life expectancy  I do have the option of brutal treatment that will destroy the quality of my life. In a way I wish I never knew so I could live life as normal until no longer naturally possible 

Normal chemotherapy would only extend my life a few months. So it is a brutal road, with no guarantee. 

I am grateful for the hope but realistically it may come at a very high cost and ultimately fail. Living normally without the knowledge may have been a blessing. 

Peritoneal cancer has poor outcome no matter how early you find out.

However still the option of a second opinion. Or perhaps request a laparoscopy. They would not tell me the extent of my cancer until that procedure was undertaken. Take care.