• 8 replies
  • 6 subscribers

Hi 

I have recently been diagnosed with  this 

cancer  It us a rare cancer so I am interested

in hearing from anyone currently being treated
or has been treated for this cancer

.Many Thanks 

• It is a strange cancer but have a read of the posts and you will see people are doing ok despite the diagnosis. The main  thing is to be positive and enjoy all life has to offer. At this stage it is fear of the future unknown but believe me when I say the last couple of years have been mainly good as I have adapted to different routines and met lots of lovely people.

regards

wendy x

Wx
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Annie, I was diagnosed with PPC almost a year ago. I feel well after having had chemotherapy and surgery, plus I am still having maintenance treatment. Please ask if you have any questions.

• Hi 

I am just at the beginning of this starting chemo 4 rounds of then

operation and a further 2 rounds of chemo it is all the unknowns I worry about like how will I be with chemo and operation at times feels a little overwhelming   
    but good ti read how well you are having had this treatment 

many thanks 

Annie 

• I'm only reading this now in April 2021 and wondering how you have fared Annie.  I hope you're looking forward to enjoying the summer Sunny

• Hi 

been sometime since I have been on the site I had my 6 rounds of chemo and responded really well CA125 down from 4470 to a normal level had operation 16th November last year which I found tough but had good results surgeon said he  removed all visible cancer and 10 cm of omentum  but worked through recovery and felt I was doing well.  Unfortunately on my post operative scans there seemed to be nodules in the peritoneal area there was an MDT meeting and surgeon has said maybe it was scar tissue but my CA125 level gone up just slightly above normal range. Now got a PET scan next week I have found it really difficult mentally to be back to a waiting game just hoping that maybe it will not be a return the primary peritoneal cancers keep your fingers crossed for a good outcome.

Annie

• I feel for you.  I can totally understand how that must feel.  It'll be tough wait but stay as positive as you can.  Everything I have is crossed for you Heart

• Thank you for your support just read about your journey and I am encouraged by reading this . I am 

eating healthier and also trying to do a little walking and exercise most days keeping as well as I can  hoping that we can all get out more as the Covid situation improves and also the weather we need some sunshine we have an allotment so would like to be spending more time there as it is such a calm

mindful place to be 

Annie x

• Just checking in with you Annie.  So glad you're eating well and getting out as much as you can.  It's so good for the soul isn't it?   I do hope that you've been able to sit at your allotment and watch the fruit and veg grow.   I gave up my allotment last winter knowing that I'd not be able to cope come this spring...and I wanted to make sure others could take it over whilst it was still in reasonable condition   And I was right!  Even my tiny veg plot at home is full of self seeded forget-me-nots rather than neat rows of veg   Never mind the bees are loving it!  Always look on the positives if you can Blush