Hello.

• 4 replies
  • 4 subscribers

Had partial penaldectomy on Thursday, discharged Saturday, I keep looking down at what to me looks like a total removal, anyone else experienced this.

• Hi Paul12k, there are several people on this forum that has had what you have had and I am sure they will respond. I had a glansectomy which is not the same as what you have had but I have lots of experience on catheters, self catheterisation, wound infections, urine infections and general care. If I can help on any of these let me know.

Robert

• Hello Robert, thank you for the reply, I think I'm doing ok changing the bags at present, did my first overnight last night but any do's and don'ts greatfull accepted. How do you feel now, has it been a while since your surgery.

Paul.

• Hi Paul, I had a few leaking joints from the pipe fittings so ended up taping the joints, I was on a catheter for 3 weeks so moved to a tap instead of a bag which allowed my bladder not to get lazy.

I also borrowed a cage for the bed so the blankets didn’t put pressure on my wound.

Any issues just ask.

my surgery was February this year I am on a 5 year surveillance programme and I am almost back to normal, but I warn you it is a long journey, however anything is better than the cancer tumour I had which grew very quickly and became very nasty.

Robert

• Glad to hear your getting back to normal, thanks for the advice, I'm ok with a long journey as I had a similar nasty and fast growing tumour which I'm very pleased to say is now gone.

Paul.