Penile cancer. 14 operations in 3 months. Nearly killed me.

• 0 replies
  • 4 subscribers

Hi guys. I'm new to this site. I've had  it for a few years now. I had 14 operations in 3 months. That alone nearly killed me. Spent a year in bed with nurses out twice a day . Sleeping 40 and 50 hours a time. Wife not able to wake me at some points. The fatigue I still have is horrendous.  Falling asleep mid conversation.  I've spent quite a while coming to terms with it. I dont think I will fully either. I'm 44 . Now. The last few years have been so difficult.  Trying to find medication that can help with the pain.  Finally heard of Saphire clinic in Stirling for medical cannabis.  It has changed my life. If I could say anything to anybody that's has or thinks they have it. GO and get seen. I didn't and mine got to stage 2 and because a certain hospital took 3 month and still didn't know what I had.  1 doctor from Glasgow Royal infirmary diagnosed it within 5 mins of reading my file.  He gave me more time with my family and i owe him alot. Its taken me until now to talk about this.  If I can get through all that . So can anyone.  I'm the biggest wimp ever when it comes to hospitals.. thanks for reading guys . Wish every one all the best and just take one day at a time. Barry