• 1 reply
  • 4 subscribers

Hello . I was wondering if someone could give me some advice please . I was diagnosed with penile cancer yesterday and they've rung me today to arrange an appointment for next week at UCLH . My report states " well to moderately differentiated squamous cell carcinoma . No evidence of Pein . P16 is negative , p53 is wild type and ki-67 is increased in basal cells ." Obviously , I've done what everyone says you shouldn't do and googled this . I'm beside myself with worry as p53 is a bad marker apparantley . Has anyone heard of this or can tell me if this is particularly worrying , ( as opposed to just very worrying ) ! Thank you .

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community

I can't help with interpreting your report but I noticed that you hadn't had any replies yet.

Do you have a CNS as she/he should be able to explain what this means in relation to your diagnosis? If not I'm sure the consultant you'll be seeing this week at UCLH will be able to go through everything with you.

Please stay away from google if you can. We all do it, go on looking for reassurance and come away petrified with what we've found! Remember, a lot of information on the internet can be misleading or just out of date and the best people to explain anything medical to you are your hospital team.

It would be great if you could pop something about your diagnosis and treatment so far into your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Do come back and let us all know how you get on at your appointment.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"