Penile cancer /phimosis

• 2 replies
  • 5 subscribers

Hi folk just joined up as I lay here in the hospital bed. 

Arrived here to day 11.30 for surgery. 

It nice to put into words finally after all these years as I'm now  48 year old with a wife and 2   grown up daughters.

Things have moved very fast early Jan I had notice very small lump on the side of the penis head and for me not being able to pull foreskin back  me t that I had to see the doc.

Got an appointment went to doc he was shocked that I could pull back at all and I would need to see a urologist. 

Which would  take about 3 weeks. 

After the 1st week I had a smelly discharge from the where you would wee. 

And the lump had grown and started to break the skin which was leaking clear fluid. 

Medication didn't work over a period of 7days.

Finaly got in at hospital was told the emergency circumcision and biopsy would be done.

Well over the period of waiting to get in for surgery the lump had spread and over the head. Deep down I new I would need more.

Well I walked down to theater at 1.15 and was back in bed I think was 4 but as I had just woken up zzzzz Grin might be before.

Operation was a Glansectomy as this removes as much of the cancer cells or growth as they can. Cathater tube.

It a very strange  I'm. Already planning my mental health  which I think will. Be a big part of my future for my family.

Don't know if anyone will read this but I hope it helps in someway. After this test tests test which will. Be lymph nodes groin and a scan.

Stay safe to you all jp

• Hi Truenature and welcome to the Macmillan Online Community although sorry that you needed to find us and especially sorry to hear about your recent problems. I noticed no-one’s been around to answer your post just yet but I do know the possibility of any cancer diagnosis brings many questions, confusion and lots of stress but talking with other people who are walking the same type of journey will help you navigate this rollercoaster. I see you've already joined the Penile cancer group where you will find others making the same journey. 

When you have a minute, it would be helpful if you could pop something about your  journey so far into your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. (It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself.) To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can update it at any time.

It’s always good to talk and the Macmillan Support Services provides lots of information, support, financial guidance or just a listening ear.

Most services are open 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week and it's free to call on 0808 808 00 00 have a look by Clicking here to see what is available and we also have our Ask an Expert section, but do allow two working days for replies from our expert team.

All the very best

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett

• Your journey sounds really similar to mine, my foreskin had welded itself tight and I had a really smelly discharge too.  Fortunately my tumour was stuck inside my foreskin, but the one in my groin was the size of a tennis ball.  You'll probably have a couple more ops to complete the staging, and then perhaps some chemo and radiotherapy too.

There's loads of support here for you, and plenty of people in the same boat.  So whatever you're feeling, just post and start a conversation.

Jon

https://knob.blog