Hello

• 3 replies
  • 44 subscribers

Hi, I have joined this group as my Mum is currently going through treatment.

she had the whipple procedure in September and is now on her chemo journey.

She was never actually diagnosed with cancer, until after the whipple she received confirmation it has all been removed so everything feels very surreal.

it’s the worst thing watching someone who is looking in fairly good health go through chemo and become quite poorly - I understand it’s a means to an end but is still really hard to take.

any advice to help her through the nasty side effects are very welcome.

thanks for taking the time to read xx

• Hy I myself have been through the same I have just finished my chemo in May but still have side effects especially with having to take creon with everything I eat but the secret is eat small all dayBlushon't eat a large meal try to eat about 5 times through the day as this do help Blush 

• Hi I decided not to have the chemo. I have had sickness for 8 months and reading the side effects decided not to bother. I am 81 and , I suppose, in the run of things I am lucky to still be here. The doctor at the centre at chi have me morphine this week. I was a bit taken aback as I thought that was given hearing the end. I have really bad backache which is part of the process. I have a stage 4 pancreatic cancer which, unfortunately, has gone to the liver. My prognosis is 4  to 6 months. My husband and I have decided to visit he places we enjoy. I am so pleased you seem to be beating it. Keep well and keep warmx.