Hi new on here

• 3 replies
  • 45 subscribers

Hello everyone 

After a long haul I have finally got my diagnosis  of pancreatic cancer stage 4 - it’s scary and overwhelming but I am determined to keep active and be normal - whatever that is - as long as I can. I have my first oncology appointment next Friday and will find our about Chemo then. Wondering if anyoine has any useful advice about chemo or what it’s like? I am quite well at the moment and thought of becoming mote unwell scares me. Also wondering anyone thought about a clinical trial as I am exploring that as well. 

• Hello Rada

i would explore the clinical trial as well as the chemo and please ask your oncologist about creon or enzyme replacement  meds. My husband passed away age 60 after a 12 month battle with PC and I wish he had started taking creon much earlier. It helps you to get nutrients from your food and helps with digestion. He. Was already losing weight rapidly and was having palliative chemo when he was given creon which was too late. I’ve heard of other patients taking it more or less as soon as they were diagnosed so definitely ask. Keep active and keep positive and good luck with your chemo. All the best sending a virtual hug your way x

• Thanks Pinky! I am really sorry to hear about your husband. It must be hard feeling he  didn’t get everything he needed. Luckily I was offered Creon when i had my biopsy and have started taking it - hopefully will make a difference. I am pursuing clinical trial too. 

• Hi Rada, I read you have Creon which is good. I would also ask about affective anti sickness. My husband had domperidone and another which were useless. They put him on another med through his picc line which seemed to do the trick. If the meds are not working don’t be shy about it and ask for another. 
    Eat little and often, not big meals and have what you like not what others think you will like and plenty of rest. My husband is on three days of chemo but it depends on what the doctors feel is the right therapy for you. Clinical trials are also worth exploring in my opinion. 

good luck with the chemo and sending hugs