Wife has a potentially resectable cancer; I am finding it very hard to cope

• 3 replies
  • 46 subscribers

Hi all,

My wife of 33 years has been healthy all of her life, until she went yellow and spent our 33 anniversary in A&E. Reading other stories I think we have been comparatively fortunate that the tumour pinched off the bile duct whilst it is comparatively small. 

After fitting an external drain, the bilirubin levels are back to normal. She has an internal drain and a Hickman line and started Chemo this week. There is a lymph node involved and this is near one of the blood vessels, hence the border line nature of the diagnosis.  

My wife is very brave and in the moment, constantly astonishing me with her stoic attitude and get on with it approach.

So just saying hello,

Alistair 

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I'm sorry to read that your wife has pancreatic cancer and I know what a tough time this can be for those caring for those of us who have cancer.

I noticed that you'd joined the carers only group and I'm sure if you post there, you'll get plenty of support from others who have a loved one living with cancer.

When you have a minute, it would be great if you could pop something about your wife's diagnosis and treatment so far into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi Alisatir, 

i thought I would reply and let you know that my story sounds very similar. We caught my husbands early by coincidence  after a Ct on his groin but it has spread to lymph node( portal vein and the SMA which we are hoping they can sort out. Husband is 47 and has  just finished his second round of chemo today which was no where near as bad as the first round. 
    just wanted to pass on my support and if you want to chat drop me a line.

Its such a heartbreaking thing to deal and not knowing which way it’s going to go makes me feel very scared. 
    Your wife sounds like an amazing women.

Sending hugs and strength 

chrissie 

• I am sorry to hear about your wife. I lost my husband to pancreatic cancer in 2018 we also were married 33 years. If you ever want to chat or if it will help to am always around.