My mum has pancreatic cancer

• 2 replies
  • 46 subscribers
  • 12 weeks ago our world turned upside down when mum was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer.  I'm now the main Care giver and it's absolutely fine but today especially I'm feeling totally overwhelmed with the prospect of her starting chemo on Monday. Up until about 2 or 3 weeks ago apart from weight loss you would never know she ill. Surgery is not an option because her bmi is so low she probably wouldn't survive it. I don't feel supported by any professionals and most of my information is what I've read online for example I still don't know what stage cancer she has and now I'm reading about picc lines palette numbers my head is about to explode. Now I'm frightened she is not going to cope with side effects of the treatment as in the last 3 weeks she's tired by 3oclock in the afternoon she's struggling with eating and getting depressed. What  kind of questions should I be asking .
  • Tracy 
  • HI Tracy

I replied in the other thread. As I said there try phoning PC UK.

Squeaky

• Hello, sorry that you are going through this, my mum was diagnosed a year ago and it's been such a hard year for us too, It's so hard juggling the unknown and unanswered questions, if you have any questions I'm here, my mums just had her last chemo and is awaiting her pic line to be removed this week, now we just have to wait for her next scan.

Thinking of you 

Lucy