Struggling….

• 4 replies
  • 45 subscribers

Hi everyone. I’m new here and wondered if anyone has experienced the same odd symptoms as me and has had a diagnosis of Pancreatic cancer. I had a stomach ‘attack’ back in February this year which was assumed to be diverticulitis but was very similar to a pancreatic episode. Since then my stomach has never gone back to normal. I have strong pain upper mid and a weird sensation that my organs are too big for their space. Lots of bloating and discomfort but no jaundice etc. I’m waiting for the results of a CA19-9 but struggling to get anyone to take me seriously. Desperately searching for answers I’m not getting!

• Hi Etonmess welcome to the forum. I hope that you don't mind me saying but it does sound like you have convinced yourself that this is indeed Pancreatic Cancer. You symptoms do sound very vague I agree with you but they could also be attributed to lots of other things less grim than Cancer.

As far as I am aware Pancreatic Cancer often shows no signs nor symptoms and Im wondering for example if you have had any weight loss at all? 

gail

Community Champion Badge

• Hello granny59 and thanks for taking the time to respond to my post. I am very happy for you to say have I convinced myself I have pancreatic cancer as this is very possible! I did experience 10lbs in weight loss (I am not overweight) at the beginning of my illness but this has now settled. I am in continual pain in the pancreatic area and am under the oncology team at my local hospital awaiting referred appointments to GI and CT scan. I guess I’ve been feeling unwell for so long I’ve had a lot of time to do the dreaded symptom googling and pancreas is the only thing that fits my situation. Thanks again for responding, I do feel quite alone with this so any support is really appreciated x

• Hi

Have you made any progress in your diagnosis?  Had the CA19 results back?

The results, although not conclusive, should give some indication of possible PC.

Ian

• Hi. Took several weeks but was told CA19-9 was clear thanks. I’m still in a lot of pain, stomach feels like the muscles are tearing apart, but just keep getting given more painkillers. Hopefully get to the bottom of it sometime. Thanks again for asking.