IPMN and sarcoidosis

• 1 reply
  • 45 subscribers

hi everyone.  just joined but had whipple in july 2016 for IPMN with high grade dysplasia.  I'm interested to see if anyone may have a link between having sarcoidosis and IPMN.  I  was told over 25 years ago that I had all the symptoms of sarcoidosis except one.  I had 6 monthly x rays to check that my enlarged lymph nodes in my chest were reducing and they did.  nothing else mentioned about sarcoidosis till about 10 years ago, when my mum took ill and was told she had chronic sarcoidosis.  unfortunately she died of lung cancer in 2014.  I remember asking my surgeon on a follow-up after surgery if sarcoidosis could be a factor for the IPMN, but this was dismissed very quickly, too quick for me.  it was as if I had thrown him off by knowing what sarcoidosis was.  

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community

I can't help with your question but I noticed that no one had replied to your post yet. Replying to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list where it'll be more easily seen.

If you haven't already you could use the search bar at the top of the page to look for previous posts on sarcoidosis and IPMN.

While you're waiting for replies it would be great if you could pop something about your diagnosis and treatment into your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"