Recent diagnosis pancreatic cancer

• 11 replies
  • 45 subscribers

I suffered from a bout of jaundice in January, the reason being a pancreatic tumour pressing on the bile duct. After two attempts, a metal stent released the flow again, not without causing sepsis first!
I was finally operated on in University Hospital Coventry and it was discovered that although the lesion was in the head of the pancreas, it was too close to some blood vessels.  So I had my gall bladder removed, and was sent home with 40 staples to undergo chemo, radiotherapy and if the lesion has shrunk, surgery to remove the tumour.

The staff at all of the NHS Institutions who have looked after me have been informative, and hugely supportive whether they have been at Coventry, Morriston or Velindre. I include Macmillan throughout. 

I was lucky that Jaundice occurred to identify the tumour early as I had no indications otherwise. My chemo is planned to August and we’ll what the next steps will be. My 2 boys, my daughter and their husbands/wives have been fantastically supportive throughout so I remain positive. Let you all know how it goes. 
best regards 

Brian