Hello

• 3 replies
  • 45 subscribers

Hi,

I'm Steve and I'm 74 yers old male

I have recently been advised that I have stage 4 Paneratic cance.

Later this week I have an appointment at the oncology dept to discuss the options

• Hi Steve and a very warm welcome to the online community

How did your appointment with the oncologist go this week? Hopefully you'll now have a treatment plan.

I didn't have this type of cancer but I'm sure you'll get lots of shared experiences and support from the other members of this group.

When you have a minute it would be great if you could pop something about your journey so far into your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi,

I now have a treatment plan.  There were some very difficult decisions to make during the chat with the oncologist. Since our meeting, there was a time to reflect on the choices, none of which are curative but all the previous telecons prepare you for what lies ahead and of course the chance to back out of your first decision.

Tomorrow the picc line is inserted then the infusions start a few days after.  Needless to say I'm aprhesive / nervous about lies ahead.  A few months from now I may know if the chemo treatment has been effective

• I'm glad to hear you now have a treatment plan and I'll be keeping everything crossed that the chemo treatment is effective.

If you want to ask any questions, or need any support from the members of the group, just start a new post and I'm sure they'll help if they can.

Wishing you all the best

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"