possible cancer

• 1 reply
  • 23 subscribers

Hi,

I am so sorry for bothering you but I am not coping that well mentally at the moment. Up until recently I have been fit and healthy. But now I fear I have bile duct cancer or pancreatic cancer.

Back story

I had my over 40 health check on the NHS. It came back with quote Dr worrying high liver function test results.

Alakaline phosphate level 285 u/l when fasting original was 344Alanine aminotransferase level 297 u/l when fasting was 437

Total Bilrudim 33 umol/l when fasting was 15 before. GGT levels were also very high.

I am a 40 year old male. BMI of 22 5ft 7. Exercise regularly and eat fairly healthy easily get to six portions of fruit and veg a day beans and pulse once a week etc. Mainly white meat. But weakness for cheese, cookies and chocolate.

I had my abdomen liver scan.

Key findings were

Over extended gallbladder – half filled with sludge

intrahepatic dilation

tiny calculi

Very significantly dilated CBD with no cause for obstruction

They could not get a good image of my pancreas on the scan for some reason.

My GP has now referred me for an urgent MRCP scan. And he seems very concerned but won’t say why. When you google all of the above it leads to the death sentence on pancreatic cancer or bile duct.

In the last couple of weeks I have been feeling very bloated and nausea (but not sick) and I have had discomfort on my right side near my belly button.

I am so worried as my Dad currently has cancer and my cousin has died of breast cancer at 42. I am so worried that I am number three,

• Evening Richard and so sorry to hear your concerns. Ive been having many scans and tests for the last few months too. It is an anxious time and the waiting is the worst part. I am to have surgery soon and once I had a diagnosis it did reduce my stress just having a plan. Sounds like your GP is ahead of the game and you are on the road to getting a result. You will get support from sites like this to help ease the waiting. We are all wishing you the best on your journey.