PC Travel insurance

• 4 replies
  • 27 subscribers

Hi I am new to the forum and hoping to get some advice.  Pancreatic cancer diagnosis in October 2020, whipple surgery in November 2020, followed by 6 months of Chemo which ended in June 2021.  My last CT scan in February 2022 was clear.  We are now considering a holiday abroad, however, we are struggling to find a travel insurance company which will cover my cancer. Has anyone experience in finding a company which will include pancreatic cancer in the insurance cover?

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I hope you don't mind me replying, as I'm not a member of this group, but the subject title of your post caught my eye.

As you know, the online community is divided up into different support groups so can I recommend that you come and join us over in the travel insurance group where you can look at the recommendations that others have made. If this is something that you'd like to do just click on the link I've created which will take you straight there. You can then join and start a new post in the same way as you did here and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

When you have a minute it would be great if you could pop something about your diagnosis and treatment into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

If you have any difficulty navigating the community just drop me a reply and I'll be pleased to help

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi I had a Whipple's in Jan 2021 followed by chemo. I've got travel insurance with AllClear. Not cheap but I'm less than a year finishing chemo. Good luck!

• Hi I'm not sure if my reply is coming too late but iv only just joined the group and seen your post, I've just got a really good travel insurance deal with a company called,

goodtogoinsurance.co.Uk

taking there platinum cover and I have pc on palliative care only

I hope this gets to you in time to help 

• World-first medical travel insurance, or travelinsurance4medical