Chemotherapy

• 2 replies
  • 24 subscribers

I had a whipple in july 21 which i recovered from well, they took the whole tumour out. I've since done 8 cyles of 12 on chemotherapy and it's killing me. I've been really poorly right from the start and it's getting worse.

My question is, has anyone considered stopping chemo? Or has actually stopped it? The dr's nurses oncologists etc all push to continue and i understand why butmy physical and mental state ate now so bad i really don't feel i can carry on.

• I stopped after nine cycles because of sickness and neuropathy in m6 hands and feet I’m still suffering now 4 yrs later but when chemo stopped I started radiotherapy 28 days month later was scanned and tumour had shrunk enough to enable me to have the whipple surgery I’m still around 4yrs later.  I still remember the chemo days when I felt I couldn’t carry on and never want to go there again good luck to you my friend in whatever your decision is hope all goes well xx

• Thanks for your reply. I feel.like its completely psychologically wearing me down now. They put so much pressure on you to continue... Then you worry it will come back if you don't. It's so hard! Very pleased to hear you've recovered well - best wishes for the future x