Awaiting likely PC diagnosis

• 5 replies
  • 25 subscribers

Hello

I am new here although I already belong to the bladder cancer forum (diagnosed June 21).

I just wanted to offload ....

My bc was only found as a result of scans to investigate what is a now 9 mth history of pain in my right-side (inside my ribcage) and more persistently, in my mid/upper back. I also have had intermittent periods of mild indigestion and longer periods of loose bowel movements and weight loss but followed by periods when this has stabilised and weight has been regained. Most recently I have very yellow stools and I am very tired.  The first Consultant I saw was very dismissive.  I then waited 4 mths to see another just last week who has ordered mrcp although not on 2 week pathway and blood tests including for Ca19-9 level.  The last few days I have felt exhausted and my back pain is almost constant.  

I am trying to prepare myself for a diagnosis of pancreatic cancer which with so much else already ruled out seems a distinct possibility but really struggling with the prospect of a 2nd cancer diagnosis in the space of just a few months - and not a good one I know.

I am 54 and prior to o set of symptoms at Christmas was very fit and healthy.  

Blue

• Hi Bluebear21

Im so sorry to hear what you are going through.

The good news is that they are now running tests.

Try to stay positive. 

I have Ampullary cancer. A type of pancreatic cancer.  I understand how scared you feel. If the news is bad, Im here if you need to talk.

J

• Hi J

Thank you for such a prompt response. It never fails to surprise me how generous of spirit people on the forums  inspite of what they are suffering themselves.

Blue

• Blue

We are all in this together

J

X

• Hi Blue  I was only diagnosed yesterday so  think you can imagine what today. has been like Ive got my first discussion with my surgical team next week.  I presumed i was quite fit and untouchable too but my appetite loss and tummy discomfort in the evenings raised the red flags. Im scared as hell and scared too read too much on here right now as im not quite prepared for what lurks there in my future. Ive got support but only so far handholding can take you

• Hi Turboprop

i am very sorry to hear this.  I know from my bladder cancer diagnosis what those first few days are like.  I think you  are right to limit the ‘research’ online at this stage.  Speak to your surgical team and then there might be specific things  you want to know or not, everyone deals with this stuff differently.  Glad to know you have support but you are right, it is a lonely time regardless.  I hope you find the strength you need to cope. Never give up hope.  

i should probably say my scans did not show anything in my pancreas but sludge in my gall bladder which for some reason did not show on previous ultra sound and CTs so it may need to be removed. I felt it was important to be clear that my diagnosis wasn’t in the end pancreatic although my consultant had felt it was a possibility.

Best wishes, Blue