My mum has pancreatic cancer

• 8 replies
  • 27 subscribers

Hello, 

So this week my mum who is 55 was told she has cancer after months of procedures and scans. I am overwhelmed with all the emotions and worry I am carrying.

I'm not quite sure how to support my mum and dad, how my children and my siblings will cope, and I have just had a baby who is 8 weeks old. 

I'm worried about the whipples operation and chemo she is due to have but also thankful they can do something! any advice on how I can be the best help? And how successful the operation is.  

I cant begin to imagine what my mum is going to have to endure. Your all amazing Heartbeat

We also lost our grandad in May due to lung cancer.

Thanks for reading 

•  Hi Luciee

So sorry to hear about your Mum. I came through the whipple with only minor complications. Im 49. 

Was home after 2 and a half weeks.

Took a while to eat properly but now I am fine even with chemo. Chemo has made me tired and sickly but Drs have prescribed medication which helps.

My advice is to make sure you have someone to talk too as well as being there for your Mum.

We're always here.

J

• I appreciate your reply, thankyou for sharing your experience and support. 

• Hi, I just wanted to comment because I saw your post while I was browsing. My mum was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer two days ago. We're still waiting on results of her scans and the biopsy thing should be early next week. My mum's scared stiff and so am I - especially the not knowing what stage it's at or anything else yet. I'm here if you want to talk x

• Hi kezzabean,

my mum had her biopsy today, I think they said it would take about a week for results, they need to see how much of her pancreas they need to take,l my fingers and toes are crossed for your mum and they can operate and its been caught early so frightening not knowing isn't it, I think my mum is hiding how she's really feeling to protect us, I'm here for you to if you need anything to .  X

• Hello,

Any updates at all??

• Hi, no updates for my mum yet they haven't let her know about the biopsy results, the just asked for her to have another ct scan ( third one) is that normal ? 

Any updates on your mum kezzabean?

• Hi kezzabean, any new info about your mum?

Things can seem to go so slow when waiting on news, thinking of you x