Mum

• 2 replies
  • 26 subscribers

My mum passed away at the end of August and ever since then I'm struggling I'm hurting and I'm lost, it was only around 10 weeks from diagnosis to her death and while it was such a short amount of time being with her and caring for her every day I can't seem to go back to My normal routine. 

My anxiety has went through the roof and I'm badly struggling and have 2 kids at home who have lost their granny and a partner who thinks it's time to start moving on and getting myself together , is it to early ?? Am I wrong for feeling down and wanting to cry all the time I have got to the point I have started feeling guilty for feeling like this and guilty for grieving I guess , I just don't know what to do 

Thank you for reading and please anybody that has any advice I'd love to hear from you! 

• Hi  and welcome to the online community

I'm so sorry to read about the recent passing of your mum and it's only natural that you feel that you're struggling.

As you know the online community is divided up into different support groups so I hope you don't mind me recommending that you also join and post in the bereaved family and friends group which is a safe and supportive place for anyone who has lost a family member or friend to cancer to share their feelings and support one another.

To join just click on the link I've created and then choose 'click to join' or 'join' (depending on the device you're using) on the page that opens. You can then introduce yourself and post in the same way as you did here and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'. 

If you have any difficulty navigating the community just drop me a reply and I'll be pleased to help.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hello Hi32

I am sorry to hear of your Mum passing away and Latchbrook's advice to join the Bereaved family and friends group is very good. You will get support there.

I think when we lose someone close to us things happen at a number of levels. First of all, as you say you cared for your Mum every day. So that routine that you and she had just disappears. And, as you say, it is difficult to get back to your normal routine. When I have lost people I have tried to replace it with something new. It depends what you like. A new exercise class, reading books? This helps to get you back into a new way of living.

Secondly, but more importantly you miss the person themselves. That is sad and difficult but if you try to take one day at a time it gets a bit easier. We all grieve in different ways. But, in time your sad memories of loss and illness will be replaced with the memories of joy and happiness that you shared.

Squeaky