What to expect

• 4 replies
  • 25 subscribers

Hello everyone 

i felt like i need to write here because there’s people who been through the same thing and would understand.

My dad has been diagnosed with head and tail pancreatic cancer at the beginning of 2021, in march we discovered it had spread to the body of the pancreas and to the liver too. It’s crazy how it spreads so fast. He only received a little bit of chemo then stopped, he was doing kinda fine in jan-march but this month he got so much worse he can’t do anything anymore he can’t even walk, he’s depressed and everything is just keep getting worse, I thought the medications was the reason because it makes him sleep all day, moody and not really on his mind sometimes with some hallucinations, but then the doctors said the liver isn’t functioning well and he developed ascites and pulmonary thrombosis and has been admitted to the hospital. He’ll start chemo again this week.

the question is what will happen next? I know it’s incurable at this point and he’s on his last stages but I don’t know what to do and how to deal with it. How can i make things better and what to expect 

• Hi LA Daisy, I'm so sorry that your dear father is suffering so much. I'm looking after my uncle. He's stopped the chemo and is now full of beans. It's bizarre, he seems better than he was weeks ago. It plays havoc with your mental health doesn't it. I absolutely dread his decline. I'm doing his ascites drain and today there were floaty bits in it. I wonder if that is significant or not? 

• Hi Vicbach, thank you for replying 

I’m so sorry to hear that your uncle is going through this and I’m glad that chemo made him better, i don’t know much about ascites but it’s better to contact a doctor just to make sure everything is fine

• Unfortunately my dad passed away about 1 month after this post, I would still be here to support anyone who needs.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to La daisy

sorry you have lost your dad to this awful cancer. I lost my mum 7 weeks ago now. I'm much better now and less crying and anxious. Able to go to work etc but people forget about her now a bit and i find it hard to pretend I'm ok and be happy all the time. but also want to carry on as mum would want. How are you doing with the grief? how did you find the last days? Please don't feel you have to say if you can't. I just want to send love and support to you. 

Jessie x