Sad news

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 4 replies
  • 24 subscribers

I am so sad to say my dear Dad passed away 12 days ago. He was rushed into hospital with a ruptured gall bladder but because his cancer was so advanced the doctors decided it would not help to operate. He was put on a morphine driver when the amount he was receiving through an injection kept wearing off. Unfortunately this meant he was only semi conscious for the first two days and completely unable to respond on the third. We all took turns staying with him and holding his hand even through the night and on the last day he was with my mum when he quietly left us. I am heartbroken but there are many positives to see for the family. Although he wasn't at home as he had always wished, he was in the care of wonderful nurses and doctors and all the other lovely staff. They were gentle with us all and supported us through a terribly sad and stressful three days. We were so lucky to have had Dad with us as long as we did as he was diagnosed back in January and so lucky that we were nearing the end of the lock down so we could be with him. I miss him so, so much. Thank you all for your support xx

• Hi

Although I'm not a member of this group I just wanted to offer my sincere condolences on the recent passing of your dad.

It sounds like he had wonderful care whilst in hospital and it must have been comforting for him that you and other members of his family were able to sit with him and hold his hand.

I'm glad to read that the members of this group were a support to you.

Sending a virtual (((hug)))

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to latchbrook

Thank you so much Heart

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

HI Cathy, my most heartfelt condolences.  You are not alone I share the same hurt that you feel for your Dad.  My dad was diagnosed on the 3rd of July this year with PC of the tail of the pancreas with mets to the liver.  My dad had just turned 53 years old, was running 5k's around 3 times a week.  He died on the 30th of July.  I felt that I had no time to talk to him about his diagnosis and I tried to avoid it.  I would always take pictures of him but I became a bit scared of him not wanting to take photos of him or cuddle him as I was scared he wasn't going to be here soon.  Lockdown has made matters particularly difficult which you will have experienced too but I can only take comfort that we were all able to be there for him in the end like your were too.  My dads dad also died of pancreatic cancer at 59 and my dad always struggled with his grief for his dad.  I asked my dad how I would manage to get through this when I had watched him struggle.  He told me that  I would never get over his death but I would learn to live with it and that he wouldn't of been the person he was if he hadn't of changed his life round for the better after such a trauma.  Its horrible and not a moment will pass by that you won't think of yoir dad, but although he may not be here physically he will always be here spiritually.  

You're not alone, I feel your pain Cathy,

All my Love, C

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Cathy so sorry to hear about the passing of your dad. Keep those wonderful memories you have of him tucked away in your heart. Prayers going up for you and your family.