An old friend

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 24 subscribers

Hi all

i used to be an active member of this community as my fabulous mum had PC and died nearly 2 years ago. I stayed active after she died as I found this site a great comfort and had such lovely friends that I hope I continued to support. My greatest friend here was the lovely squeaky who I’m delighted after checking in tonight I see is still using her wisdom to support you new members. New names I’m devastated to see as this horrible disease is so merciless. 
The reason I’m checking in again is to tell my friend Squeaky that my lovely dad who was so devastated by my mums passing left us 2 weeks ago. Officially it’s cancer that spread as during this craziness we couldn’t get a proper diagnosis but assumed lung cancer as a primary but in my mind he died of a broken heart and just wanted to be with my mum, hence another victim of PC. 
For those of you on this journey I wish you love strength and joy as even in the most desperate of times, optimism can shine through and many good times can be had. 
much love to you all xx

• Hi Kate

Sorry to hear about your father but on the other hand what lovely sentiments you expressed in your post

my journey with pc I suppose will always continue but at the moment I have been given a clean bill of health

Squeaky is a great support to everyone on this forum , she always seems able to find the right words.

Good to hear from you

Kevin 

• Hi Kate

I was a bit late checking in today and just read your post.

I am sorry to hear about your dad. It wouldn't surprise me that he died of a broken heart. My theory is that some people are so sad when they lose a partner that their immune system weakens and they become susceptible to disease.

We miss you here. There are new names and PC is still a horrible disease.

One of my cats, Mimi, was very ill in February/March with a kidney infection but she has pulled through.

I hope you are doing well. I guess you are not working just now.

Squeaky