Escalation of symptoms

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 24 subscribers

My Dad was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer a few weeks ago. He has had several scans and although it has spread to his lymph nodes he is able to have surgery. The surgery is booked for 11 days time and he has had the pre op. It seems that in the past week or so his symptoms are much worse, so much pain he has been prescribed morphine, he isn’t able to eat or go to the toilet, sleeps all day but unable to sleep at night. I am so worried that perhaps things have progressed and that the surgery will not take please. Is this rapid decline normal before surgery? He is 66 and before this was fit and healthy.

• Hello MB73

i am sorry to hear about your Dad. The news that hecis able to have surgery is good. PC shows up different side effects and pain is common. I have no medical knowledge but I am sure the surgeons would have assessed his situation before suggesting surgery and I hope it goes well.

Squeaky

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Squeaky

Thank you Squeeky for your positive comments and fingers crossed you are right. He is having regular blood checks etc and nothing to the contrary has been said yet.