Xeloda

• 3 replies
  • 26 subscribers

Hi Everyone,

Firstly sending loads of hope and comfort or anyone going through this horrible time. I read the posts and comments and this experience is heartbreaking.

We have just finished a round of Gemzar which we’ve been told has now stopped working and the tumor is beginning to grow again.

From Monday we are on Xeloda tablets and I wandered if anyone can offer their experience if they have been through this method? Side effects or what to expect.

thank you x 

• Hello there, I hope  you are all as well as you can be at this stressful time. My partner didn't have any treatment other than the whipples operation so I can't help you with what to expect. I'm sure you have probably asked the medical professionals about side effects but we're hoping that someone who has actually been through it could help. Keep posting and ask away as if we can ever help we will x

Love is eternal
  • Hello 87JS

I am sorry but there doesn’t seem to be anyone here just now who has experience of xeloda (capcitabine). As you know side effects can vary among people. I do hope it helps to stop the tumour growth.

Squeaky

• Hello

sorry to hear your news it is obviously a difficult time.

I have no experience of xeloda but looking at possible side effects they bear a striking similarity to those you might expect with chemotherapy. I haven't long finished a 12 cycle course of filforoxin and whilst I had a few things to contend with my advice would not to second guess what might happen but rather deal with it if it happens.

my oncology team were always at the end of a phone if I wasn't comfortable  or unsure about anything and I would urge you not to be afraid of 'troubling them' and it is no trouble at all.

best wishes to you all

kevin