How to go forward?

• 2 replies
  • 24 subscribers

Our youngest brother was confirmed last Friday his results from a recent biopsy were sadly worse than anticipated.. His diagnosis had been a real blow to the whole family.  We are so devastated, particularly as since biopsy we had a follow up.  The sad news was delivered via a very kind MacMillan Nurse.. We have been advised that he may only have days or weeks to live.  Collectively we are obviously heartbroken and not sure what to do next.. The main concern of course is our beloved brother and how to carefully manage his fear and mental health.  We are aware a MacMillan Nurse will be visiting him tomorrow.  Everything from confirmation of diagnosis last Friday to the visit tomorrow just seems so surreal and very frightening.

• I am so sorry to hear this. I hope the visit from the MacMillan nurse was some sort of help for you all and answered some questions. For the surreal and frightening feelings, as i am going through that myself with my husband, I have found comfort in loving friends and family. x

• Hello Bionicman

I am so sorry to hear about your brother and his diagnosis. 

I hope that the visit from the Macmillan nurse went well and that you are all feeling supported. I hope that some practical and emotional support has been arranged. 

I can only imagine how devastating it has been and for it all to happen so quickly.

If talking things through would help then please do give the Support Line a call. The details are below and they are lovely on there. They can just listen if that is what you need but they will also be able to answer any questions that you as a family may have. It is great that your brother will have the support and love from his family but sometimes it can help to talk to other people as well. The Support Line will also be able to take a look and see if there is any support local for you as a family. 

In the meantime If there is anything else you need, then please do ask. We can not take away what you are all going through, but we can make sure you do not feel alone.

Jane

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm