Clear cell carcinoma in the ovary

• 4 replies
  • 50 subscribers

Hello! I am Nancy, living on Athens and I was recently diagnosed with ovarian cancer. I have stage 1c clear cell carcinoma. I am really finding it hard to come to terms with the fact that I have cancer and a long journey ahead. I was wondering if any of you suffer from the same type and how is your treatment going. I am really scared

Thanks a lot!!

• Hello Nancy, I was diagnosed with grade 1c cancer February 2023, like you I was shocked and very scared, I had a hysterectomy in March followed by six chemotherapy sessions, I did lose all my hair and found the chemo quite hard but I knew it was killing all the cancer cells, in November my oncologist informed me I was clear of the cancer, I had amazing doctors who explained everything to me, I had my chemo at the Beatson Centre in Glasgow the staff were so caring even down to the tea lady and you get chatting with all the other patients having their chemo and exchanging stories, please ask your doctors to explain everything and try to stay positive, I wish you well in your journey we are all warrior sisters fighting this terrible disease, sending you much love xxx

• Thank you for replying! It is comforting to hear good news! I am so glad you are doing well!! I am terrified of chemo but I will have to cope. What kind of chemo  drugs were you given??

• My chemotherapy was Paclitaxel and Carboplatin given through your cannula, if you need any more info or would just like to chat please get in touch xxx

• Thank you so much for your reply and support! It means so much at times like this. Keep well! xxx