Large cyst found post menopausal

• 9 replies
  • 53 subscribers

Hiya am new to here iv had a ultrasound that found a large cyst on my ovary, nnowawaitingfor blood results and appointment with gynaecology,  I can't sleep or eat am so worried.

• Hello - waiting for any kind of results is absolutely awful.   I don't have the answer - other than (if possible) to stay in the present and try and do something that distracts you (even if it is just for a few minutes).   Its hard not to leap frog ahead with thinking and worrying.   It may be something that is easily treated - so try and keep that in mind every time you find your head wandering down other thinking pathways... hope you don't have to wait too long x

• Thank you, I will try.

• Hi, I had a huge cyst removed last October, it measured 25 x 19 x 15 cms, I had the ovary, omentum and lymph nodes removed- debulking it was called. It was mucinous cancer they told me 3 weeks later, I saw oncologist but all was removed and I didnt need chemo, and I feel great! The waiting sucks but hope for the best always but be prepared for the worst. I just used to say I was lining up my ducks, each appointment was a duck shot, and then I dealt with the next. I am 66, and am back at the gym, working part time, and walking miles daily. You have got this! Try not to worry xxx

• Thank you so much this has given me hope, so glad to hear you feel so well. Xx

• Thinking of you whilst you wait.  Your mind will be racing for sure, but please avoid googling as much of it is out of date/Anerican/not useful.  The Macmillan helpline are great, and Ovacome charitPraytoo. I can be other things so keep an open mind. Do you have symptoms, what prompted the scan? Either way there is tons of support on here so reach out whenever you need to. Good luck Pray

• Thank you . I am post menopausal and over the last few months I had slight spotting when wiping doctor referred me for a ultrasound where they discovered the large cyst.

• This is exactly the surgery I am planned to have...how was your recovery? 

• Morning, I am in a similar position to you, playing the waiting game. I have been suffering with urine retention since New Years Eve (and have been catherised ever since) and a CT scan confimed a large mass on or near my ovary, which has blocked my bladder. I am having a hysterectomy and removal of fallopian tubes and 2 enlarged lymph nodes, followed by a biopsy, which will be another wait. Surgery date is 25th March and it has been the longest few weeks of my life. I have resisted googling but if i have searched online i have only accessed NHS websites. I am uncomfortable and have moderate pain and the catheter is limiting any exercise  - not ideal having wee slushing around in a leg bag! Prior to this i was a very active 59 year old, work full-time (but they have signed me off and been told to rest) running 3 times a week and practicing yoga - i am missing my Parkrun community. Family and friends are naturally worried so have been trying to keep my anxieties to myself - not good. Was awake for most of last night and it has got to the point where i need an outlet  - which is why i am here talking to you x we must try our hardest to focus on the positive - we currently have no control over the future - we can only deal with the present. Sending you love and support.

• Hiya, glad you have a date for surgery, like you waiting being anxious and not sleeping is awful but iv stopped looking at Google which has helped. Stay strong and keep in touch.