Probably nothing....

• 3 replies
  • 51 subscribers

Hello, first time here. I had some right side pain in Jan but also suffer sciatica which was acute at the time. Knew the pain felt like ovary and a few weeks ago I had a brown watery discharge for a number of days. Now have some fairly vague discomfort in my abdomen following eating. I have suffered for years with sudden acute pains like severe menstrual cramps in my pelvis but put it down to my sciatica, though always dismissed by back people. Never occurred to me they may be gyn related. Otherwise fit and healthy 60 something. Ultrasound next week. Hard not to worry even though I know better. My best friend died of oc 3 years ago.

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I'm sorry to read about the symptoms you're experiencing and it's natural to worry that they could mean a cancer diagnosis.

I'm not a member of this group but I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list. I'm sure some of the forum members will be along soon to share their experiences with you.

I'll be keeping everything crossed that there's a non-cancerous reason for your symptoms.
    ((hugs))

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Thanks, not really expecting any response until I have a clearer idea what's going on. It's just the frustration of the wait which everyone has. I had a burst ovarian cyst about 10 years ago, (post menopause, just) and remember the same anxiety. I am expecting the same. Fingers crossed.

• Update: All bloods have come back normal, still awaiting results from scan yesterday but going on the assumption that the bleed was a benign cyst and that it is indeed 'probably nothing'. Thank you all for your support and best wishes to you all in your own situations x