Hello

• 3 replies
  • 50 subscribers

I am new to the site. I was diagnosed with Low Grade Serious Metastatic Carcinoma ovary cancer. I am on Letrozole at the moment and it seems to be working. I am due to get a new scan done in a couple of weeks and then the surgical team will decide if they are going to be able to remove some of the infected Lymph nodes out to give my body a better fighting change with less Cancer in my system. They can't remove the tumors around my chest area unfortunately. But this surgery could help extend my life.

Very nervous about it all as initially I was told that surgery was out of the question but my CA125 levels have dropped to a level which makes this a possible option. 

• Hello,

I’m very sorry to hear about you diagnosis.  I think there are two very positive things here.

Your cancer is low grade,  I assume this means a grade one?   Mine is a high grade serus and is confirmed as grade three,  the most aggressive type.

They are now saying it is operable, and before inoperable? To me if they can operate now and take away cancer that has to be a distinct benefit.

If I’m worried about anything I make a list and present to my consultant.  If I think it’s a daft question I always excuse myself first by saying excuse me for asking this but blah blah blah.  They are used to worries, anxiety and what may seem to some a silly questions.

It’s good to talk on here.   Keep me informed with your progress

Good luck xx

Cloudbreak63
  • Sorry to hear that you are stage 3. It must be so difficult for you. I am finding it hard enough. My Ovarian Cancer is mostly all in my Lymph nodes all through my body. The end result will be that my life will be shortened by it. Hopefully extended a bit by surgery of they can do it. Are you getting Chemo?

• I think I may have confused you a bit.  The stage is 1a which means it was contained in my Fallopian tube, the grade is 3 which is aggressive.  I’ll be having chemo Carboplatin but I’m waiting for some tests and a PICC line to be inserted.

So sorry to hear how far it’s spread, but hopefully they will be able to help you.

Good luck and take care xx

Cloudbreak63