Fallopian tube cancer and omenectomy

• 2 replies
  • 50 subscribers

Hi.

I was diagnosed with Fallopian tube cancer after having a BSO following a BRCA1 gene mutation.

On 18 August I had an omenectomy and appendectomy,  I’m having lots of discomfort after meals, it gets worse as I go through the day.  I can’t eat big meals and am having peppermint tea to help my digestion.   When the pain comes on my tummy is distended and I have to lay down for an hour or so until the pain disperses.

Has anyone else suffered like this?   I should be returning to work in around two weeks and I’m concerned how I might cope.

Thanks

Kath

• Hi and welcome to the Online Community. I myself have a different type of cancer (Womb) I had a BSO, Omentectomy and Hysterectomy last year and didn't suffer any pain once I'd got over the constipation and trapped wind issue straight after the op.

It might be a good idea to call your CNS for advice. You could also call Macmillan Support helpline, freephone number's shown below and speak to a nurse there.

Since my Brachytherapy I've notice my bowel movements have changed. I get quite intense pain which can take my breath away and can make me cry out. However once I've emptied out (or passed very noisy wind) I'm perfectly ok. So sorry for the graphic detail!

Hope you get an answer soon, Big hugs, B xx

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett

• Hi Mrs BJH.

Many thanks for your reply, no worries about the graphic detail!

I have an appointment with my CNS on Tuesday and will discuss with her.

I had another major operation in 2011 but felt good at the three week stage, but  this recent one has certainly taken it out of me.

Take care xx

Cloudbreak63