New and frightened.

• 2 replies
  • 48 subscribers

Hi everyone, 

Just to say you are all incredible and reading your posts have given me so much comfort. 

I am no diagnosed but am so frightened of my symptoms. I had an ultrasound last year and my ovaries weren't visible because of gas in my tummy. Since then I have suffered bloating and severe lower back pain. I have an appointment tomorrow with the GP and am going to be asking for a blood test as ovarian cancer is in the family. 

I apologise for posting with fear and without knowing what's wrong I just feel frightened and a bit lost. 

You are all incredible women and your posts have helped a lot in the past few days. 

Stay strong. Xx

• Hi Fitzy, welcome to the site, and glad you’ve found it helpful reading our stories.

You’re absolutely doing the right thing to push for a blood test…..hopefully your symptoms aren’t anything serious, but either way acting fast and getting whatever treatment you need can only be a good thing.

All of us on this site can I’m sure relate to those feelings of fear and being a bit lost - the waiting is the worst I think, so really hoping you’ll feel better when you have some answers. I don’t recommend Dr Google though, as postings on there tend to be out of date and inaccurate, and are likely to scare you even more.

Hope all goes well for you - and it’d be great to hear how you’re getting on if you feel like posting again,

love Bxx

• I will post ASAP of any findings. Thank you so so much for replying  x