Hello, diagnosed last Aug 21

• 2 replies
  • 50 subscribers

Scary to find out I have OC still getting my head around the challenges, treatment and future ahead. 

• Hi and welcome to the Online Community. I just dropped by, I have a different type of cancer to you, and noticed you've not had a reply to your post as yet. I confess I'm a bit confused! You post says you were diagnosed last year. Have you not been treated yet? Please tell us a bit more about yourself, i.e. how you came to find yourself here - what symptoms you experienced etc. Then the supportive members will be along to offer you support and answer any questions you may have.

This time last year I was still undergoing tests and didn't have a clue I had Womb cancer. Life's changed but not for the worst I promise you.

You made the leap to post something here which takes guts so give us some more! It’s always helpful to others if you write a little something (or a lot) about yourself and your journey to date. You can enter it into your profile (click on your username and select “Profile”) It’s helpful to other members with a similar diagnosis who can then hopefully answer your questions. It also means that you don't have to keep writing the same thing over and over. You can amend or update it at any time. 

To find more information covering diagnosis and treatments there are pages covering most types of cancers which can be found on our Online Information and Support Section

The Macmillan Support Services also offer lots of information, support, financial guidance or just someone to listen. It’s free to call 0808 808 0000. Most services are available 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week. Have a look by Clicking here to see what is available and we also have our Ask an Expert section, but do allow two to three working days for replies from our expert team.

Sending you welcoming hugs B xx

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett

• Update:

Hello, I’m stage 4, had 8 chemos, 1 large operation this March 21, now on Avastin for maintenance. My ca125 figure is gradually going down. Told not to worry too much on the figures believe in the gynae / oncology team they know what’s best for you and you know your body and how it is feeling. I have franc and clear meetings with my team to discuss how everything is going and the next steps, rarely do we talk figures. Still irking out how my cancer my affect my future work / life etc. All going well so far and feeling much stronger day by day.