Ovarian and uterus cancer healing

• 1 reply
  • 48 subscribers

Hi, I’m new. I’m 53 and was diagnosed with ovarian and uterus cancer in March this year.

i had a full hysterectomy in mid June. Lymph nodes were taken too, and officially been cleared yesterday. I might need a small chemo, but they caught everything in the operation. I was diagnosed as an accident discovery.

my question, as I’m struggling with the healing process, how do any of you cope ? I’m a bigger Lady and struggling with plain walking, getting up. It gets me down a lot. I be thankful for other experiences to hear. 
thank you

• Hi  and a warm welcome to the Online Community. Really pleased to hear that you got the all clear yesterday but you might need some chemo in the coming weeks. 

It might be a good idea to join us in the Womb cancer group as some of the ladies there had full hysterectomies so you'll be able to connect with those having had the same procedures. I had laparoscopic myself and confess I had discomfort rather than pain. 

The healing process is basically listen to your body, no bending or lifting. If you're still having pain getting up or walking, have a word with your CNS or contact your GP. 

It’s always helpful to others if you write a little something (or a lot) about yourself and your journey to date. You can enter it into your profile (click on your username and select “Profile”) It’s helpful to other members with a similar diagnosis who can then hopefully answer your questions. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. You can amend or update it at any time. If you’re not sure what to write, just click on my username.

If you want to ask any of us any questions please come back and do so. There's always someone around and we can offer a shoulder to cry on, a hand to hold or listen to a rant, we’re here for you.

It’s always good to talk and the Macmillan Support Services provides lots of information, support, financial guidance or just a listening ear. It's free to call on 0808 808 00 00  8am to 8pm, 7 days a week. Have a look to see what is available by Clicking here .

There is also an Ask an Expert section, but you should allow two working days for replies from our expert team.

To find information covering diagnosis, treatments and pages covering most types of cancers can be found on our Online Information and Support Section

Sending you welcoming hugs, B xx 

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett