Frequency of scans after no visible evidence of disease

• 2 replies
  • 39 subscribers

Hi, I was wondering how often you have scans after being declared NED? I was NED after neo adjuvant chemo and surgery in June 2023, started Niraparib in the July. Obviously, I have montly bloods done and so far my CA125 has remained at 7, but there has been no mention of any follow up scans to check....what are others' experiences?

• Hi Softskin,

I hope you don't mind me replying as my cancer was in my womb. I have check ups every 12 weeks but no scans unless I present with any concerning symptoms. It may well be similar in your case and that the blood tests will pick up if there is a rise in CA125 and then a scan might be suggested. 

Have you got a CNS that you can ask?

Jane

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Thankyou for replying....I do have  a CNS but I'm seeing the oncologist next week and I'm going to ask if they can do a scan just to put my mind at rest because I'm not convinced that I can tell if I have symptoms or whether it's a consequence of starting a new exercise - so using different abdominal muscles. 

The not knowing is really anxiety inducing and affecting my mood.

I'll let you know what happens....fingers crossed that my CA125 remains at 7 BlushPray