Repeat bloods, urgent scan

• 2 replies
  • 38 subscribers

Hey all, 

I was wondering if this was the right place to post. If its not I apologise. I dont want to come across as insensitive. 

I am a 38 mum of 4 and have been feeling a bit unwell recently

It started with a bit of pain about 2 fingers width above my csection scar. The scar is 10 years old. The pain has increased as has my belly size with bloating

A few days after the pain started I came on my period, this was on cycle day 15, so super early. But figured the pain was probably due to the early period. My partner urged me to get seen by the doctor.

I've really suffered this week with a banging headache, back pain between my shoulders, fatigue, and I can't eat much as the headache is making me feel dizzy and sick. 

My doctor requested bloods and my ca125 levels are raised. (Wouldn't tell me what to) and she said I would need to get a repeat done which I've booked in next week.

I've just received another call to see how I'm feeling and I explained much the same so she's now booked an urgent scan in 

She did reassure me that premenopausal women can get high markers and not to worry. But naturally I am. More so because of this pain and how unwell I actually feel. 

Has anyone else had raised levels and it be due to menopause? Or something else? 

Feel a bit in limbo waiting for the next bloods and scan 

Thank you in advance xxx

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I can't help with any symptoms of ovarian cancer, as I had a different type of cancer, but I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list again.

While you're waiting for replies, it would be great if you could put something about your symptoms and tests to date into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

I'll be keeping everything crossed for a non-cancerous outcome.

((hugs))

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• The CA125 blood test is not a reliable test for ovarian cancer as it can be elevated by conditions other than OC. However, as you've mentioned to your GP that you've not been feeling too good, they are doing the right thing by ordering a CT scan. That's the only way you're going to get a definitive answer to your situation, and tbh the sooner the better. Don't be freaked by the use of the word "urgent", this could just be your GP's way of making sure you are dealt with asap. You will be in limbo till you have all the facts. No amount of speculation and worry is going to influence the scan and blood test results. Try to keep yourself distracted until you get all the facts.