Who to complain against

• 3 replies
  • 37 subscribers

My mum was diagnosed with ovarian cancer. She did treatment and was given the all clear. Since then she was put on an oral chemo tablet. Even with this they told her the best she can hope with is for 3 years before cancer returns.  

Well since being on the tablet 50% of the weeks she has not been given her tablet due to the nurses Messing up. Firstly she is getting treated in Belfast. She was told to go give bloods I  her local gp. The first week she did this but got a call that the bloods went missing on the way to the lab and she wouldn't get her tablet that week.  

Next week she went again and was assured it would be fixed. The lab did get her bloods but the wrong codes were on the bloods by the nurse so she could t get her tablet this week.  

They ended up switching her to healthnet based in England but service n.ireland. was OK for a few weeks. The nursery left ans a new nurse came..she got a call that that new nurse didn't request the right test and she wouldn't  getting her chemo tablets. She phoned on Monday upset and her oncology nurse told her they would come again on Friday. She spoke to healthnet manager and they assured her they would come on Friday and the right bloodwork would be done.  

I just came home to her crying because they did t come when she called up they said your bloods arnt due to 11th march. She explained that because the nurse did wrong bloods that he had to come back and the manager confirmed this but didn't happen so no tablet this week again.

Thus is crazy and not acceptable. I need to know what my options are to raise this as each place blames the other