New to this

• 1 reply
  • 37 subscribers

I’d like to have some information as to what I can or can’t do. 
Im due to start first cycle next Monday, so obviously I don’t want to do anything that may delay that.

My son is flying over from guernsey this weekend before treatment starts. Can I go out for dinner or would it be better to just stay home. Can I drink alcohol as in a glass of wine ?

Can I still see grandkids as long as they’re healthy, would it be best to go back to mask wearing and distancing from them. 

• Hi Trudles,

I have just replied to your other post with some info that will hopefully help. 

Can I suggest that you speak with one of the nurses on the Support Line regarding going out to dinner and having a glass of wine when your son comes over. The number is below and they are lovely on there. You can also speak to them via the online chat feature if you prefer. I have done that myself.

I did go out for meals occasionally but chose smaller places, or airy places or met people outside. It's a balance about doing things you enjoy and to avoid any infection that could delay or affect the chemo. With the grand children, how about meeting them outside, taking them to the park etc? With chemo I found that often it was a case of going with the flow, everyone is affected differently but avoiding infections is important.

I wish you well with your treatments and please do let us know how you get on.

Jane

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm