Mucinous Ovarian Cancer query

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 46 replies
  • 41 subscribers

Hi there

I'm new to this board I've recently been diagnosed with stage 1C2 mucinous ovarian cancer.  

I've been told that it's the kind of cancer that requires surgery but doesn't respond to chemo therefore I'm having to have a full hysterectomy next week, . 

I was wondering if anyone who has had this kind of mucinous cancer has ended up having chemo after having had the same procedure? 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Mrs_Atko

Hi jemima ... just wanted to wish you luck for tomorrow will be thinking of you.... going on much need break so will try and check into see how you did.... big hugs and sending positive vibes

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi,

Mine was diagnosed as 1c  after a full hysterectomy last Dec and the fact that the tumour burst it's way out .   I was on carbo for 6 months from Jan through to Jun 2016, my oncologist advised me to go with the mop up chemo and so glad I did as the pesky wee blighters showed in my bloods in January!!   Got an all clear in July and again in October there.   Back for my third check up in January and at the moment I feel good!!

Lots of hugs and love,

Ann x

• Unknown said:

Hi,

Mine was diagnosed as 1c  after a full hysterectomy last Dec and the fact that the tumour burst it's way out .   I was on carbo for 6 months from Jan through to Jun 2016, my oncologist advised me to go with the mop up chemo and so glad I did as the pesky wee blighters showed in my bloods in January!!   Got an all clear in July and again in October there.   Back for my third check up in January and at the moment I feel good!!

Lots of hugs and love,

Ann x

Hi Ann

Good result for you. I would be interested to know which blood test showed the wee blighters. 

Regards Fay

• FormerMember

Hi Steph,

A friend was recently diagnosed Stage 1c mucinous ovc. I joined this group for her. Would like to know how you are doing and maybe connect her with you?

Thanks in advance,
    donnutella

• Unknown said:

Hi Steph,

A friend was recently diagnosed Stage 1c mucinous ovc. I joined this group for her. Would like to know how you are doing and maybe connect her with you?

Thanks in advance,
    donnutella

Hi Donnutella

Not sure if Steph looks at the forum as she never answered my question re what test showed the pesky things back. As can be seen from my posts and profile I was diagnosed 1C1 mucinous as well. If there is anything I can help with then let me know.  It might also be worth looking n the Ovacome site which does tend to be a bit more active.

regards Fay

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Ovaoct5

Hi ovaoct5 

Hope your doing well how long did you wait for histology please

• FormerMember

Hi Ann 

Hope your doing well how long did you wait for histology results 

Thanks Carlos

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi.i was diagnosed with the same ovarian cancer 1c grade 2 i had a radical hysterectomy last april then in june 2017 had 6 rounds of chemo to mop up any strays as mine had burst.i was never told i couldn't have chemo finished in October. I am on 3 monthly check ups for 10 years x

• FormerMember

Hi Carlos,

I'm doing fine in myself!   I am now on 6 monthly check ups and had a CT scan last January and this January as I felt quite bloated!   But nothing has shown anything apart from 2 spots on my rib bone.    Going for an MRI scan as my doc is quite puzzled as to what this is.   Could be a red herring or something else - just have to wait and see.   Like everyone else it's always in the back of your mind and you have to leave it there and embrace each day as it comes!

How are you doing?

Ann

• FormerMember

Thank you for your repky i'm just over 3 weeks post surery TAH BSO  and an omenectomy and adhesions sorted and  hernia repair. It' been a roller coaster had CT was told I had a mass and they were sure others nasty, then mri not so concerned then follow up to see if I could save one ovary but was told no due to suspicion if cancer to which o agreed by that time I looked 9 months pregnant and had bilateral complex masses. During surgery one ovary ruptured had a telephone call yesterday and seeing consultant. Monday, friends keep saying 4 weeks wait seemsike good news, just wish I was as optimistic. 

Glad you are doing well and hope it is a red herring.

Carlos